Technology Days / February 05, 2021
Digital Environmental Data for Vehicle Engineering
In the current vehicle engineering process for global markets, good data of the relevant environmental conditions and models for usage variability are crucial for the derivation of the correct design requirements. This concerns
- classical durability of suspension and drivetrain,
- reliability of the advanced driving assistance systems (ADAS),
- as well as energy consumption.
The software-suite VMC® provides all you need to analyse vehicle usage in different markets and regions, plan measurement campaigns, evaluate data and simulate vehicle loads and performance based on suitable vehicle and driver models embedded in an efficient environmental model. Moreover, high-resolution environmental data enables the efficient development and test of driver assistance systems as well as automated driving functionalities under realistic operating conditions.
- Dr. Christine Biedinger, Fraunhofer ITWM
- Dr. Michael Burger, Fraunhofer ITWM
- Dr. Klaus Dreßler, Fraunhofer ITWM
- Dr. Jochen Fiedler, Fraunhofer ITWM
- Dr. Michael Speckert, Fraunhofer ITWM
- Dipl.-Ing. Thorsten Weyh, Fraunhofer ITWM