Scientific Staff, Project Manager, Software Developer
If you are interested in solving interesting, up-to-date modeling and simulation tasks for complex technical-scientific questions in the industrial environment, you should contact us.
In current projects with the industry, we are concerned with the flow-dynamic design of filter materials and filter systems, the simulation-based development of fuel cell and battery materials and the thermomechanical behavior of modern composite and hybrid materials.
They work on the latest developments in the efficient numerical treatment of multiscale models for the virtual design of materials and products and can contribute to the development of user-friendly simulation tools.
From all applicants, we expect confident handling of modern programming languages, preferably C ++, interest or experience in software development and object-oriented software design as well as good German and English language skills.
The department »Flow and Material Simulation« enables to graduate in a variety of interesting fields of application:
- AI-assisted multi-scale framework for optimal infiltration of fiber-reinforced composites
- Asymptotic analysis and simulation-based design of additively manufactured material structures and technical textiles
- Deep Material Networks for multi-scale simulation of composites and metamaterials
- End-to-end modeling and simulation of the production and application behavior of foams as damping or insulation materials
- Data-supported multi-scale modeling, simulation and optimisation of apparatus and processes in separation technology (filtration, separation, treatment)
- Highly efficient battery simulation models for the regional, usage-dependent online prediction of energy requirements of electric vehicles
More information can be found here.
In addition, our department has interesting tasks for scientific assistants from the main study course in mathematics, engineering sciences or physics. Expect basic knowledge and interest in computational simulation and / or programming competency.
The remuneration takes place after consultation.