Non-destructive and contactless measurement with optical techniques
We develop application-oriented measurement systems for material characterization and testing. In doing so, our scientists draw on expertise in optical system and measurement technology, spectroscopy and the development of innovative data processing techniques. The technologies range from optical coherence tomography (OCT) in the visible and near-infrared spectral range, hyperspectral imaging in the near- and mid-infrared, and time-domain spectroscopy in the terahertz frequency range to electronic system concepts in the millimeter-wave range. All of these techniques operate in a non-destructive and non-contact manner.
Typical material testing tasks include:
- Detection of internal defects in ceramics, plastics or even fiber-reinforced composites.
- Determining individual layer thicknesses in multilayer systems such as coatings or multilayer components such as tubes or films
Material characterization is often based on spectroscopic issues:
- Identifying materials
- Determining certain characteristics such as moisture or sugar content
We offer the following services relating to all aspects of materials charcterization and testing
- Technology consulting
- Initial tests and feasibility studies
- Measuring studies and measurements on customers site
- Development from single components up to individual complete systems
- Equipment rent