Modeling, simulation and optimization of the material behavior of technical textiles and nonwovens are our core competences in this area. We calculate their non-linear mechanical material properties by means of mathematical homogenization methods, thus reducing the number of necessary experiments. For any compression or deformation state, we additionally evaluate the air permeability, acoustic absorption or absorbency of the textiles and nonwovens using simulations.
As a modular program, our software tool TexMath enables simulations of mechanical material properties and multi-scale problems for textile applications.
- With MeshUp we create periodic textile structures (woven fabrics, 3D spacers, knitted fabrics) according to the machine control programs with complex stitches.
- We calculate the effective mechanical properties (bending, tension, pressure) via FiberFEM.
- We simulate complex load scenarios on textiles or even the textile production process with FISFT.
Our Expertise Together With the Modular Software TexMath Enables
- the accelerated development, virtual design and optimization of technical textiles and nonwovens
- the qualified evaluation of the structure-property relationship and material properties of textiles
- the automated textile machine control for the production of customer-specific textile