Workshop / March 08, 2022 - March 09, 2022
10th International Workshop on Terahertz Technology and Applications
On March 8 and 9, 2022, we organize the »10th International Workshop on Terahertz Technology and Applications«. The event is organized by us and supported by Optence e.V. and DGZfP e.V.
The #TeraTec2022 workshop offers scientists and industry representatives the opportunity to exchange knowledge and experience in the field of Terahertz technology. The potential of the technology for analysis, testing and measurement tasks has been impressively demonstrated for various applications in recent years. However, a few of challenges still have to be solved for use in industry.
We are currently planning to hold the event with the lifting of the mask requirement. Therefore, registration and participation is currently possible for persons who fulfil 2G (German Geimpft or Genesen = vaccinated or recover). If the relevant regulations, in particular the CoBeLVO RLP, also permit the participation of a certain number of tested persons, we will gladly allow the participation of negatively tested persons. In this case, please contact the organisers. We will inform you here regularly about the currently valid rules.
The Workshop Will Primarily Address the Topics:
- Industrial Applications
- Non-destructive testing
- Homeland Security
- Communication technology
- Astrophysics and Astronomy
- New developments in Terahertz system technology
Contributions are welcome preferably – but not exclusively – in the topics mentioned above. We encourage experts from industry and universities to present new development results in the topics of the workshop. The workshop will be accompanied by an industrial exhibition.
The renowned experts who will give an invited lecture at the forum will be announced shortly. So far the following speakers have confirmed their participation:
- Ciriaco Goddi, University of Cagliari, Italy
- Frank Hegmann, University of Alberta, Canada
- Rupert Huber, University of Regensburg, Germany
- Kazunori Serita, Osaka University, Japan
- David R. Smith, Duke University, USA
- Georg von Freymann, Technische Universität Kaiserslautern und Fraunhofer ITWM
- Joachim Jonuscheit, Fraunhofer ITWM
- Israel Arnedo, Terahertz Business Unit Director at das-Nano, Spain
- Bernd M. Fischer, French-German Research Institute of Saint-Louis (ISL), France
- Georg von Freymann, Technische Universität Kaiserslautern, Germany
- Kodo Kawase, Nagoya University, Japan
- Juliette Mangeney, Ecole Normale Supérieure, France
- Daniel Mittleman, Brown University, USA
- Hartmut Roskos, Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Elena Saenz, European Space Agency (ESA) , The Netherlands
- Miriam S. Vitiello, National Enterprise for nanoScience and nanoTechnology (NEST), CNR, Italy
- Stephan Winnerl, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf, Germany
- Xi-Cheng Zhang, University of Rochester, USA